Welcome to Hallowfields Ghost Hunting Academy.
A few things have changed in 2021.
Course certificates of completion are no longer available. Here’s why:
By late 2020, 90% of site visitors skipped the lessons altogether and went directly to the certificate download page. That significantly affected the credibility of the certificates, and we decided to discontinue them until we can resolve this issue.
Also, early in 2021, this site’s visitor demographic shifted. The biggest change is: the majority of our students are from the U.K., and they are following the lessons, one-by-one, as intended. (The second largest group is from the U.S., generally in the New England states. The third largest is Russian, and then Indian.)
So, with that in mind – as well as Covid considerations – Fiona is revising her free ghost hunting courses, and the best ways to deliver them.
From time to time, you may notice broken links and continuity gaps as this website is updated. For that, we apologize and appreciate your patience while we try to keep up with the changes.
About our free ghost hunting courses
This is the home of Fiona Broome’s free courses for ghost enthusiasts.
Her Ghost Hunting for Beginners course, was first launched in 1999 as Introduction to Ghost Hunting.
In 2017, she launched Hallowfields Ghost Hunting Academy, with a radically expanded course, updated through late 2020.
This course will take most students four to six weeks to complete.
Here are the lessons:
- Ghost Hunting Basics – The decisions you make now are the foundation you’ll build upon, for a successful hobby or career as a ghost hunter. Know why you’re involved with ghost research and what your limits are. That can make a world of difference.
- Your First Ghost Hunt – Think of this as a “dress rehearsal” for future professional investigations. Learn how to get started, find a good place for ghost hunting, what to bring with you, and what to expect when you’re there.
- Ghost Hunting Tools & Talents – You may already own all the ghost hunting equipment you’ll need. Here’s what’s useful, what works, and what’s important.
- A Thorough Ghost Investigation – It’s time to use what you’ve learned so far, and start serious ghost hunting.
- Ghost Hunting Dangers – From physical hazards to angry ghosts to malicious entities, this lesson should scare you… at least enough to take precautions.
- Protection for Ghost Hunters – You’re unlikely to encounter anything demonic in your research. But, like taking a basic first aid course, it’s smart to know what to do in a “worst case” situation.
- Ghost Hunting Teams and Going Pro – A four-part lesson with overviews of the pros & cons of ghost hunting teams, joining or starting your own team, and other professional options.